This program is under development. Changes may be made to the program guidelines and other information. Check back for updates.
Harvey Economic Development Program
Hurricane Harvey generated long-term impact and challenges for Houston’s small business sector. The Harvey Economic Development Program provides support to impacted small businesses and communities through small business loans and grants. The program prioritizes microenterprises, which are defined as small businesses consisting of 5 employees or fewer, including the owner. This program will complement existing projects that focus on providing jobs and housing assistance to communities that are most vulnerable to the long-term impact of Hurricane Harvey.
Small Business Grant Program
- Will provide grants to cover business establishment, stabilization, and/or expansion costs
- Open to qualified microenterprises and small businesses
Small Construction Business Development Program
- Will provide access to business loans
- Open to small contractors working on construction projects with the City of Houston
Priority will go to microenterprises, which is defined as businesses with:
- Five or fewer employees (including the owner)
- Owned by low-income or minority individuals or others who lack access to business capital
Eligibility and procedures for selecting businesses will be made available in the Program Guidelines once they are available.