Do I Qualify?
A property is eligible for purchase if it is located within the property tax jurisdiction of the City of Houston. Visit the Harris County Appraisal District’s (HCAD) website at www.hcad.org and enter the home’s address. If HCAD shows the home is taxed by the City of Houston, the home will qualify for the program. You may also refer to this map of the City to get a rough estimate of boundaries.
Homebuyers must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Must earn no more than 120% the Area Median Income relative to your family size.
- Must have a debt-to-income ratio (also called “back-end” ratio) below 45%.
- Must not be delinquent on any student loans, taxes, utility payments, or payments for City services.
- Must contribute at least $350 to the transaction.
- Must have been impacted by Hurricane Harvey and living within the incorporated areas of the City of Houston on August 25, 2017.
Homebuyers agree as part of the program to stay in the home for at least 5 years. If you move, rent, or sell the home before the end of that period, you will need to pay a portion of the City’s investment back. If you choose to break the 5-year residency period, please send a written request via email or in-person to the Single-Family Loan Servicing section. For questions, contact Maribel Rodriguez at 832-394-6265 or by email at email@example.com.Scroll To Top