Do I Qualify?
A property is eligible for the HoAP program if:
- It is located outside of the floodway.
- The homeowner lived in it as their primary residence at the time of Hurricane Harvey (August 25, 2017)
- It was damaged by Hurricane Harvey.
- Property must be located in the City of Houston
Homeowners must also meet the following requirements:
- All applicants and household members over the age of 18 must be current on payments for child support.
- Applicants must be the owner of the property.
- Property taxes status is current or under $5,000 and on a payment plan.
- The homeowner must agree to remain in the home as their principle residence for the duration of the program and an additional compliance period, which depends on the amount of assistance granted.
Additional eligibility requirements depend on the program option selected.
The Homeowner Assistance Program (HoAP) prioritizes helping vulnerable populations, but all impacted homeowners are eligible. Priority will be given according to this schedule.