Do I Qualify?
A property is eligible for the HoAP program if:
- It is located outside of the floodway and has not experienced “repetitive losses” according to FEMA’s National Flood Insurance Program.
- The homeowner lived in it as their primary residence at the time of Hurricane Harvey (August 25, 2017)
- It was damaged by Hurricane Harvey
Homeowners must also meet the following requirements:
- All applicants and household members over the age of 18 must be current on payments for child support
- Applicants must be the owner and pay property taxes on the property
- The homeowner must agree to remain in the home as their principle residence for the duration of the program and an additional compliance period, which depends on the amount of assistance granted.
Additional eligibility requirements depend on the program option selected.
The Homeowner Assistance Program (HoAP) prioritizes helping vulnerable populations, but all impacted homeowners are eligible. Priority will be given according to this schedule.